Monday, June 18, 2012

12jun18-Down Day

Yvonne had bought us more train tickets at our request, but we were so pooped, and it was raining (lightening hit the train system at Utrecht, and the trains were 1 hour delayed, so it was a good day to take a down day).

Ingrid and Yvonne went shopping for a while, and I stayed back and did some organizing on my photos (I thought i had lost them all, because i set up a test "Google Drive" on my MacBook Air, and decided to blow it away, and in turn, IT blew all my photos away!

Luckily, I had copied photos to Yvonnes, and still had the originals in the trash folder on my camera and phone!

I also worked on their WiFi to see if I could get it going better (it stops a couple of times a day if being used, and has to be reset every morning).  Tried setting to "G" protocol ONLY.  It is much faster, but in the end, it still needs a kick in the pants every morning.  I also got Danique's notebook working a few days ago as it couldn't browse).  We uninstalled AVG and Norton?, and put in MS.   Also put all of their machines to a STATIC address (as the LinkSys router DHCP goes whacky)... these problems are known problems with LinkSys (come on Cisco!).


No comments:

Post a Comment